Walnut Valley Unified School District

2017-2018 School Calendar is now available under Parent Resources. MEASURE WV PASSES - Thank you Walnut Valley Community! Congratulations to Evergreen Elementary named a 2016 CSBA Golden Bell Award Winner! WVUSD is proud to be a 909 API District. Every school scores well-above 800 API, with 10 topping the 900 mark.  National Blue Ribbon, California Gold Ribbon, and California Distinguished Schools. KIDS FIRST... Every Student, Every Day!  
Parent Resources » How to Enroll

How to Enroll

How to Enroll
To enroll please follow the instructions provided here.

Enrollment in District schools is processed at the individual school site.

You will need the following documents to enroll your child:
1.  If student is living with parent(s)
  a.  Either a close of escrow paper, current monthly mortgage statement, current year's property tax statement, current rental/lease agreement, or current month rental receipt, and
  b.  A current utility bill or utility turn-on receipt (gas, water or electric), and
  c.  A DMV form (driver's license or California I.D.) with current address, and
  d.  A form of student identification (with name, date of birth, photo, etc.)
2.  If student is living with a guardian
  a.  Same residency proof as for parents in #1 above plus proof of legal guardianship.  Note that legal gaurdianships can only be obtained through a Court of Law.
  b.  If student is living with a relative, and legal guardianship has not been obtained,     a "Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit" form must be completed.  Proof of the existence of a short term family hardship requiring the student to live with the relative may be necessary.
3.  If student's family moves into the home of another family
  a.  Declaration of Residency document (Part I and Part II) are required.  the family with proof of residence must meet the requirements of #1 above.  If a family has a child already enrolled in the Walnut Valley Unified School District, a current utility bill is required as proof of continued residency.

If your child is entering kindergarten, you will also need:
  1. Proof of age (birth certificate, passport, or notarized baptismal record)
  2. Proof of current physical examination (In order to meet State requirements, must have occurred after March 1 of the year that the child is starting school)
  3. Proof of an oral health assessment no earlier that 12 months prior to enrollment.

For more information, please call the school office directly, or call the Educational Services Department at the District Office. 909-595-1261

To determine your home school for registration, please go to the school locater.  Please visit your home school's website to download enrollment forms or visit Parent Resources then click on Forms.