Skip to main content

Walnut valley Unified School District

Main Menu Toggle
ALLmeansALL! Walnut Valley USD is proud to be a National Schools to Watch District with numerous National Blue Ribbon, California Gold Ribbon, and California Distinguished School awards. Our motto is KIDS FIRST... Every Student, Every Day!  
F-1 Student Visas(I-20) » Permission to Transfer Schools

Permission to Transfer Schools

Applying for Permission to Transfer Schools

You must complete a new F-1 Student Visa application for our District and follow/meet the guidelines outlined on our application.  As part of the application process, students will need to provide official transcripts (sealed), discipline, attendance, and current grade report(s). Additionally, any updated reports corresponding to special programs i.e. GATE, Special Education, etc... will also be required. 

If accepted into Walnut Valley Unified School District – you must notify your current school of your intent to transfer. You must obtain a new I-20 (A-B/ID (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status) from your new school, and give the completed I-20 to your new DSO within 15 days of transfer date.

The designated school official (DSO) should give you the last two pages, known as Form I-20 ID.

You must forward a copy of the first two pages, known as Form I-20 A-B, to the USCIS and your prior school.