The mission of the Purchasing / Warehouse / Mailroom is to provide quality products and services to our students, teachers and staff. Our goal is to maintain the highest standards of ethics and professionalism, and to preserve the District’s best interest as well as our vendors, as we provide genuine value and service to our customers.
880 S. Lemon Ave. Walnut, CA 91789
Hours of Operation
|8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
||7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
||7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Conducting bids for services, supplies, construction and capital outlay purchases.
- Preparing and negotiating contracts for various services.
- Implementing, overseeing and enforcing the Labor Compliance Program.
- Administering purchasing/stores/fixed assets software program.
- Determining and purchasing appropriate stores based on usage, quality and pricing.
- Approving and issuing buy-out and warehouse requisitions.
- Keeping a fixed asset inventory of furniture and equipment for the District.
- Keeping an inventory of warehouse stock catalog.
- Handling the disposal of all surplus and/or obsolete items.
- Process and maintain Field Contracts and Certificates of Insurance for all vendors performing work on District property.
- Issuing RFP’s for various professional services.
- Compiling fixed asset reports for the auditors.
- Preparing and updating a warehouse stock catalog.
For companies interested in doing business with the Walnut Valley Unified School District; please send a letter of interest on your company letterhead, including a brief introduction of the products or services you provide, the number of years in business and pertinent contact information. You may also wish to include a list of school district references, brochures, or catalogs.